Thursday, September 6, 2007

Where Else?

"Where else would you rather be than right here right now?!"
~ Marv Levy


Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy used to gather the Buffalo Bills around him each Sunday on the sideline just before kick-off and say those words. In the background, the intensity of seventy-two thousand raucous fans rose steadily to a crescendo that would last all afternoon. His point was clear. As football players, they wanted to be on the field. Not in the locker room. Not on the sidelines. They wanted to be in the game. Between the hash marks struggling with their teammates toward victory. That's what football players should want.

As followers of the Lord Jesus Christ we can ask ourselves that same question. "Where else would you rather be than right here right now?" I am in Christ. I am in the will of Almighty God. He leads me and guides me. There is no place else for me to be.

No comments: