Sunday, September 2, 2007

Close to Heaven?

Have you ever tried to imagine what heaven will be like? Better yet, ever had one of those days that is as close to heaven as you can imagine? Today has been one of those "heavenly" days for me.

It's a beautiful day. A breezy eighty degrees (after more than a month of mid-nineties.) After church (which was fantastic) my best girl and me spent about an hour at Caribou with our favorite coffees and the Sunday paper. Then we enjoyed a leisurely Sunday lunch on the patio. Since then (about three hours) I've been laying in the hammock under a shade tree with a little Harry Connick Jr. on my IPOD and a good book at my side (okay, I've napped a whole lot and only read a few pages.)

Close to heaven? I don't know. But the day is definitely a gift from God.

Wow! Got to go. Sharon just brought me ice cream. It just keeps getting better.

No comments: