Friday, August 31, 2007

Time

"Time flies when you're having fun."
"Time waits for no man."
"Where does the time go?"

Its Labor Day weekend. Already. As I get older time seems to be moving at an accelerated pace. Summer is over. When I was a kid summer seemed to stretch on forever. The days were long and we packed so much into each one. We played ball. Any kind of ball, it didn't matter. Baseball. (I was terrible at baseball.) Football. Basketball. We swam and fished and went and spent our hard- earned nickels, dimes and quarters at Doc's Corner Store. (If you had a whole dollar you were rich.) Most days were just that. All of it.
School ended in early June. Labor Day and the start of a new school year wasn't even a blip on our radar. Summer was as close to an eternity as I could imagine.

Those are just memories now. Maybe its age, or maybe everything is just so vastly different in this day we live in. But it sure seems as if time is rushing by at an unprecedented rate.
I hope this Labor Day weekend we can slow things down a bit. I'd kind of like to do some of that "kid stuff" again.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Every year you live a year becomes a smaller fraction of your life. So a year is 1/24 of my life and it's 1/44 of your life. So being a smaller fraction as we grow, it does tend to move quicker. :o)