Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Goodness of God

I've been thinking a lot this week about the goodness of God. Not as some deep, hazy, hard-to-figure-out theological concept. But as a fact. A fact that is true in my life every single day for as far back as I can remember. God has been good to me. I am the most blessed man you know (or don't know, if that be the case).

But here's the thing: Why? Why has God been so good to me? I'm certainly not deserving. Oftentimes I forget to be thankful. Yet, He is good. It's His nature. It's the character of God to be good. It's really not about me (or you) at all. That's why David the Psalmist could say with great confidence:
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life"




Just the latest example of
His goodness toward me -
Olivia Grace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that is one cute kid. Great post preacher man.