Monday, August 13, 2007

Immovable

I like words. For one who preaches, and teaches, and writes a little bit, I suppose that would be important. Today I like the word "Immovable".

When something is immovable it is, according to the American Heritage Dictionary:
1) Impossible to move. 2) Unyielding; steadfast.

Immovable is such a descriptive word. Have you ever tried to move something that is immovable? It doesn't move. No matter how much time you spend or how much energy you exert, you can't do it. Why? Because it's immovable.

Immovable is a part of the call of God. The Apostle Paul wrote (1 Corinthians 15:58):
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."

Be Immovable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter.