Wednesday, December 19, 2007

TAGGED!

My daughter, Sheila, tagged me via her blog to play one of her silly little reindeer games called, "Holiday Hoopla." I'm supposed to list "12 random things about myself that have to do with Christmas." So here goes:



  1. I love Christmas cookies.
  2. I want nothing more for Christmas than my family all gathered together loving each other and laughing out loud.
  3. This is my first Christmas as a grandpa and I'm totally excited about it.
  4. I love Christmas cookies.
  5. Christmas decorations make me happy. I love the tree, the lights, wrapping paper, snowmen ... all of it!
  6. I really love Christmas cookies.
  7. It really is more blessed to give than to receive.
  8. My girls used to call me "Mr. Christmas" because of all the lights and decorations I put up outside when they were little.
  9. Did I mention that I really love Christmas cookies?
  10. I look forward to those quiet moments with just the light from the Christmas tree ... time to ponder the wonder of it all and to reflect on God's goodness.
  11. This year I'll be preaching an unusual message at the prison for Christmas from 2 Kings 11:1-3. In 2 Kings 11, wicked Athalia assumed the throne in Judah. She was not a descendent of David and she tried to kill all of David's line. But Jehosheba, King Ahaziah's sister, hid baby Joash in the Temple for six years, thus preserving the Davidic line and God's Messianic Promise. The message: God always brings His plan to pass.
  12. I really love all kinds of Christmas cookies and could live on them from December 1st through Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

momofthreegirls said...

You are such a cutie! Love cookies huh?

Steve Wright said...

Tells us how you really feel. I mean do you love cookies or not?
Steve

Sheila said...

I think you cheated a little. Your love for Christmas cookies can only count as one fact!