Thursday, December 6, 2007

All I Want Is A Cookie

As has become traditional in our celebration of Christmas, Sharon has been busy baking all sorts of delightful Christmas goodies. They're incredible ... I think. As is also traditional, her baked goods are given as gifts. For years the recipients have looked forward to receiving a plate of her sweet concoctions. This year is no exception.

But it seems it is also an annual tradition to give away cookies to friends, neighbors, coworkers, and loved ones, all while I am denied even a sampling. Not a single crumb for me. Not until Sharon deems it the appropriate time. And that's usually not until a few days before Christmas. Not until everyone else has already partaken. This is one of the few real frustrations I have to deal with at this glorious time of year.

All I want is a cookie ... or three.

No comments: