Friday, October 26, 2007

Simplify?

Sharon picked-up a little book recently called Simplify Your Life. It's chocked-full of ideas to help you to slow down and enjoy the things that really matter in life. Everything from reducing clutter to getting rid of the cell phone to just plain doing nothing sometimes is included.

It's a wonderful thought, isn't it? At times, we all long for a simpler existence. But as we've thought about it, I've come to realize something. Most of the things that complicate our lives are not within our means to control. As much as I want to simplify, there seems to be a bunch of stuff even more determined to un-simplfy my life for me. The bank makes an error and it becomes my mess to straighten out. And have you dealt with insurance lately? Or how about any government agency? (I'm thinking DMV here, but they're all about the same.)

Simplify your life? Yeah, right. We wish, huh?

No comments: