Monday, October 15, 2007

3:16

I awoke this morning at 3:16am. As my eyes opened I looked to the clock as I typically do. In the darkness I saw those digits glaring back at me - 3:16. I thought immediately of the 3:16 we all know so intimately and depend upon as people of God. It made me feel safe and secure. Those precious numbers wrapped themselves quickly around my mind as I remembered the incredible love God has for us; a love so overwhelming to Him that He gave His best for us.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
~ John 3:16

God gave. That's the message of 3:16. He loved us so much that He gave His Son, Jesus. He gave us the way, the truth, and the life. He gave us everything.

This morning I had an early reminder of that.


I know Max Lucado has just published his latest book called "3:16". I haven't read it so I hope I haven't encroached upon his work.


No comments: