Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Favorite Title of All

Just to the right of this post is a list of titles, all of which I am known by: "Husband, Father, Grandfather, Preacher, Teacher, Chaplain ...."

Now, I've got a new one: "Papa"

"Papa" is what Olivia has taken to calling me. And I love it!


"Papa" makes me smile. It makes me stand a bit taller and puff my chest out a bit. It gives me a warm, happy feeling all over. "Papa" makes me glad to be alive. It can chase away a month's worth of frustration and aggravation. It makes me want to shout and run and dance and sing - all at once.
When I hear my beautiful little granddaughter say, "Papa," I feel like I could climb the highest mountain peak or swim the widest ocean. But she's not looking for me to do anything like that. She just wants Papa to sit on the floor and play with her. Or to play hide-and-seek. Or chase her around the house. Or read her a book.
Life is good.


No comments: