Monday, October 27, 2008

What a Week!

Last week will go down in the annals as one of my best weeks in a long, long time. Maybe you missed me during my prolonged absence form the blog scene? (Okay. Maybe not.)

After graduating a group of dads from our Father Accountability Program at the prison on Monday evening, I took the rest of the week off to tend to pressing matters. Our granddaughter, Olivia, spent most of the week with us as her mom and dad were out of town for a conference. Grandpa and Grandma played, and sang, and read more Little Golden Books last week than we have in years. I enjoyed every minute. I'd forgotten how much fun a little one can be. I watched as she tried new things and investigated everything within her reach and line of sight. I laughed as we made games of everything from meal time to nap time. And sans medication, my blood pressure was lower than it's been in years.

After we took Olivia to her other Grandparents' on Thursday, Sharon and I made for the NC mountains on Friday to see our Emily, view the colorful Fall foliage, take in and Appalachian State football game, and enjoy our time together.

All in all, a great week for me!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I am not sure if you and mom or Olivia had more fun! ;o)