Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not Worried

As has become my habit, I've been watching the news this morning. I don't know why I do that. Sharon and I were having this conversation the other day. Watching the news can be depressing. Record gas prices. Salmonella-tainted tomatoes. Deadly tornadoes. Raging floods. The weakening dollar. Stock market losses. Food prices soaring. The worsening mortgage crisis. You get the idea. Things seem to be bad and getting worse.

But here's the thing. I'm not worried about any of it. Really. It just doesn't faze me. Let gas prices go through the roof. And I'd like extra tomatoes on my order, please. You see, I believe God. I believe He'll care for me. My life is in His hands. That's what His Word tells me. Without condition. If gas hits $30 a gallon, He can handle it. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. And Jesus said that if we ingested anything poison, it wouldn't harm us. Tainted tomatoes? T'ain't no problem.

So I'm not worried at all. You shouldn't be either. God is going to take care of those who trust in Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good stuff. I'm not a worrier by nature, but from time to time I find it creeping up on me. Why worry with so many blessings to count, ya know?
j.m.

AnneDroid said...

Well said, Tom.

I often reflect on what was panicking us all a year ago and how we so quickly forget about it and start worrying about something else. Who of you by worrying can add a single day to his life? I suspect we can subtract days from our life by worrying, though.

theStovers said...

I miss the tomatos... Subway and Wendy's weren't the same without them this week...