Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Like Job

The Book of Job is one of those in the Bible we find ourselves relating to quite often because of the sufferings of this apparently righteous man. But I find I can relate to Job's experience for quite another reason. In Job 23, the man of God struggles to know God, to understand Him, or even to sense His presence:

"Behold, I go forward but He is not there,
And backward, but I cannot perceive Him;
When He acts on the left,
I cannot behold Him;
He turns on the right,
I cannot see Him."
~ Job 23:8-9

How often I struggle to know God's ways. I want to where He is, and what He is doing all around me. And I can't. That was Job's plight. But Job didn't stay at the point of despair. He came to a realization; one that I am awakening to. The very next verse says:

"But He knows the way I take;
When He has tries me,
I shall come forth as gold."

Job figured out that it doesn't matter if I know what God is doing. It only matters that He knows.He knows what I'm doing, too. And He knows what He's doing in my life. I simply need to trust Him.

No comments: