Monday, January 5, 2009

Discombobulated

I love the holidays. I really do. I enjoy everything about the season. From Thanksgiving through Christmas and right into the new year you'll find me eating it all up (both literally and figuratively.) But I'm glad it's over, too.

There's something about the regular routine that I miss when we get busy with holiday activities. Both in ministry and home life, nothing is routine about the season. Our work at the prison is amped up to reach as many as possible with the message of Christ at Christmas. And, of course, there are all of the family activities and gatherings with friends and loved ones. I tend to get quite discombobulated through it all. I'm pretty easily distrtacted anyways, so the variation from my regular routine for a month throws me into a mad nasty funk.

But it's over! I'm back in my routine. Back in the office today. Regular schedule. Back to our Bible study group meeting on Wednesday. Back in the pulpit on Thursday. Back to inmates asking all kinds of crazy stuff and looking to me for answers.

Bring on the boring routine!

No comments: