Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He Always Comes

"Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, and after getting into a boat, they started to cross the sea to Capernaum. And it had already become dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them."
~ John 6:16-17

I've been right where the disciples were. In the dark... and wondering where Jesus is. It's a scary place to be. I can't tell you how many times over the years I noticed the darkness all around me, and I've wondered where the Lord is. But I've learned something. He always comes.

There have been times when the darkness has seemed overwhelming and I've wondered if He will. When the doctor said, "Cancer!" the darkness came suddenly, and I wanted Him to be there right then.
There have been other times when the darkness was of my own making. Bad decisions. Carelessness. Sin. I've wrapped myself in darkness like a thick blanket. I had no business expecting Him to come. But still, He always does.

He comes because He's always faithful to His Word. The promise is He'll never leave us or forsake us. So He always comes.

1 comment:

AnneDroid said...

That's lovely. Thank you.