Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Have a Problem

I have a problem. I've had it all my life.

My problem is that I'm totally insane about stuff. Not 'room-with-mattress-wallpaper-kind-of' insane. I just get crazy about things. I don't mean to. I definitely don't want to. But I can't seem to help myself.

When my football team loses, it makes me nuts. (And I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. You can imagine the insanity.) Hockey? Same thing. Politics? Makes me lose my mind.
By the same token, I'm obsessed with running my leaf blower, and raking and bagging leaves. I also get a bit irrational if the pantry runs low on certain items. Like today, I know we're down to our last can of diced tomatoes and I can't stand it. (Okay, I know that's just plain odd. I can't help it.) Again, I just get crazy about that kind of stuff.

Sharon says it's passion and that that's what she loves about me. I don't know, though. Of course, there is a good side to this. I'm also crazy passionate when it comes to preaching and teaching God's Word. When inmates say things like "I've never heard anyone preach quite like you do, chaplain. You've just got a way of telling us," I take it as a compliment. I hope it means I'm reaching them. I'll stand on my head for that. (You see. That's just not rational.)

Why can't I just let stuff go? Does it really matter if there are leaves on the lawn for a couple of days, or if our canned goods inventory is off this week?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Go ahead. Laugh if you want to. But think about your own life. What is it that makes you crazy?

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

I am nutty about having all things in my house neat and in order. I dont like piles of anything laying around or out of place. If you try to make me go on vacation without my house being straight and neat, forget it. I wont have fun.