Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mind-Numbing

Sharon and I are starting a Bible study group in our home this evening. Although I want it to be very discussion-oriented, by default I'll be leading the discussion. So I've been studying some and preparing for it. We're going to start with the Apostle Paul's letter to the Philippians.


At the same time, I've been trying to study and prepare for tomorrow evening's worship service at the prison.


The problem is my mind doesn't have that much capacity. Now I feel like I've blown a fuse. I'm not sure I'm prepared for either one. My brain is like Slinky (remember those?) that's gotten all twisted-up.
.

2 comments:

AnneDroid said...

Whew. Thought it was just me. I find that difficult too - it's easier if you can immerse yourself in one Bible passage alone.

Philippians is good for jail, though - maybe you could do it in both places?

Sheila said...

Our SS class just used John MacArthur's Bible Study on Philippians and I thought it was really good. His Bible Studies are pretty good (we've done John and Philippians and I've done some of Nehemiah)