Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a Regular Guy ... in Christ

Sometimes I think I would love to have an experience like Elijah had on Mount Carmel. At other times, as I read the Scriptures, I think, "Man! Moses had what I want. He met with God face-to- face in the Tabernacle and God spoke to him, 'as a man speaks to a friend'." David was called a man after God's own heart. The Apostle Paul was caught up into heaven and saw and heard things he could not share.

But that was Elijah. And Moses. And David and Paul. That was their experience. That was their relationship with the Lord. Not mine. God has invited me to know Him for myself. It may not be as flashy or dramatic as some, but it's mine. I'm just a regular guy serving the Lord the best I can among all of the typical ups and downs of life.

I'm learning to be satisfied with that.

No comments: