Monday, April 21, 2008

"Why, Lord?"

Our pastor asked one of those probing questions last evening that demands some introspection and self examination. "Are you content?"

I think I am. Much more than I used to be anyhow. Maybe it comes with age and experience. Or maybe I've just come to understand that, whatever comes my way, my life is in His hands. (I really hope that's the case.)
Whatever the reason, I think I can honestly say today, "Yeah. I'm content."

My struggle these days seems to be a bit different. I'm wrestling with "Why, Lord?"
Typically, 'why, Lord' has a negative connotation. As in, "Why me, Lord? Why am I going through this? Why this trial? This tribulation? This temptation?"
But that's not the case with my 'Why, Lord?'

Mine is all about, "Why is my life so blessed?" Really. I can't figure it out. I know I don't deserve it. I realize every day how much He has given to me, and I just keep wondering, "Why me?"
Content? I'd be embarrassed not to be. When I see so many around me struggling - struggling with kids who are in trouble and won't listen, or struggling with finances, or marital issues, or bad health, or any of a host of other issues - it almost seems unfair. This life He's given me is so rich and full.

Content? Absolutely. Even more, I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Palesa said...

Praise God for all he is doing in you life.
I wish i could be as content as you sometimes.its hard to have nothing to eat and still say blessed be the name of the lord.But i do..he gives and takes away,when you got nothing going right for you except the ife in you and you are able to stand.that determines true faith.