Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Now T-H-A-T-S Great Service!

Twice this morning I experienced exceptional customer service. Twice on the same day. One right after another. You may think I'm making too big a deal out of it, but one of my biggest pet peeves is poor customer service. There's just no excuse for it.

First, I had to take my car in to Hendrick MINI for service. Most of the time I'd rather ask for ice cubes in hell than ask a dealership to service my vehicle. But this was the best experience I've ever had at a dealership. Routine service. All under warranty. No extras. No surprises. "Here's the coffee. Soft drink? Let us know if we can get you anything." And it was ready when they said it would be. Again, no hassles. No hidden agenda. Just a smile and a "thank you" from the service manager.

Then I decided to stop for lunch. There's a Backyard Burgers close by and I couldn't resist. Fast, friendly, courteous service. A clean restaurant. And the best "fast food" anywhere.

I thought about it on the way home. Why is this such a big deal? Why did it make such an impression on me this morning? I think it's probably because great service is so rare these days.

If you want to impress the heck out of someone today, serve them with your very best. That's good advice whether you work on cars, or sell burgers, or serve the Lord in ministry.

No comments: