Thursday, January 24, 2008

Making God's Day When We Pray (2)

"... the prayer of the upright is His delight."
~Proverbs 15:8

I realize my previous post may have been a bit lengthy; maybe even an incoherent bit of rambling at times. A couple of factors played in: 1) A mind racing ahead of fingers that can't keep up; 2) telephone interruptions; and 3) inmates coming and going. But I meant well.

My point is very simple: God loves it when we pray. The picture of the Lord meeting with Moses, speaking to him "face to face as a man speaks to his friend" is, I believe, what God desires with each and every one of us. Like Moses, He even wants us to ask more. "Show me Your glory!"

If prayer has become a chore for you, maybe it's not even prayer anymore.

By the way, God honored Moses request. He placed Moses on the mountain and let His glory pass by. He even covered Moses ever so gently in the cleft of the rock with His own hand. But that wasn't the end of the story.
About 1500 years later, when Jesus was transfigured before His closest disciples, who was that standing with Him? That's right! Moses! Still having that prayer answered. Still enjoying new revelations of His glory.

2 comments:

momofthreegirls said...

I love this perspective on prayer. I want to keep it fresh and sometimes it does seem like a chore. I am encouraged!

AnneDroid said...

Yeh, why is it so HARD? I have the attention span of a flea (assuming fleas have a low attention span). God must get tired of hearing half a paragraph or even half a sentence from me!!